New Business Card

I got a request from ubuntu member Chris Johnston about a new look business card using the new style/branding and to give you all an example of what what would look like I give you this quickly put together design (it’s not that good I admit):

You can download the source svg from deviantArt and don’t forget to install the LMMathSymbols10 font in the texlive package for the name text.

Update: Chris and Ben have both done modified versions of the design which you might be interested in looking at.

Tags: , ,

20 Responses to “New Business Card”

1. nixternal says:

Should your phone number only be +1?

2. The mess on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/BusinessCards should have been cleaned up quite a while ago. I was no too impressed being told that a new design would require official approval, yet the state of things didn’t look like anyone actually took responsibility.

3. Emmet Hikory says:

Please don’t drop the GPG fingerprint from the card design.

4. Mackenzie says:

Eek! So much ink!

I haven’t, it’s still there. I admit the colour isn’t very readable though.

6. Jimbo says:

Horrible font for your name. Sorry but change it.

7. nixternal says:

I found a place online that will make these, 2000 cards for like $35. Looks to be a couple of sites that will do it. I like this design actually, looks sharp and eye catching. But yes, GPG fingerprint needed.

8. Felicia says:

Very nice if professionally printed on plumb paper…but for home printer use, it will suck out a lot of ink.

9. John says:

I think you need to invert the colours. Got to be on a white background I think. But looks pretty sleek.

10. […] With the recent announcement of the new “light” look for Ubuntu, I thought that it would be really cool to have some business cards for Ubuntu Members that went along with the new style. I talked to Martin Owens, and he was able to throw together a new design for a business card based on the new boot splash screen. I am not an artist (and I don’t know how to use programs like Inkscape) so Martin was even nice enough to teach me how to edit the file so I don’t print a business card with his name on it. You can download the source file by visiting Martin’s website. […]

11. Martin, thanks for the new design! @Emmet, I made a change to the color of the GPG finderprint last night.. You can see mine: http://chrisjohnston.org/2010/new-ubuntu-brand-new-business-card

No! You change it! :-P

OK, so we don’t tell people what to do, we can only express our opinions, politely.

It has a GPG key already, just very faint. It’s along the right edge.

14. fenris says:

so which one will be the official design / artwork ? :)

15. fenris says:

after visiting chris design … there is a comment with this design http://bit.ly/bSF30m … whats ya comment?

16. Tschaka says:

Dear Martin,

i am in no way an expert on design things, but i am having a few ideas tho. I like the design, but one thing hurts my eyes: You should definitely not use 4 different fonts (one for the logo, one for your name, one for the additional info and one for the link) on such a small piece of paper. With regard to the ubuntu logo two different fonts at max should be included there, it will look alot more clean and balanced then imho.

Regards
    Tschaka

17. Mackenzie says:

Felicia:
    There’s no such thing as white ink, so if it was on plum paper, you’d be screwed.

18. Jackson Hill says:

i was a former employee and now i am making my best effort to start up a small business.-`:

19. Diego Gray says:

i always make my own business card through adobe photoshop and ms word, they are satisfactorily made though~;~

20. UndiFineD says: